Going live in Workplace
Learn how to create an engaging internal broadcast with Live video.
1. Choose your device
- Go live with multiple hosts
- Schedule broadcasts in advance
- Share your screen
- Engage your audience with Live Q&A and interactive polls
- Monitor the health of your live stream with key metrics and event logs
- Make your video more accessible with auto-generated captions and translated captions
- Monitor real-time views and engagement
2. Create an event in Workplace
- Share important information like location, event description, agenda and more with attendees
- Send invites through Workplace notifications and third party calendar invites, including Google and Outlook
- Track responses to invites in Workplace
- Engage attendees in the lead up to the event with polls, posts and more
- Notify attendees in Workplace when event updates are made
- Click on Home in the left menu, click on See More and select Events
- Click +Organize Event
- Add a name and description for your event
- You can upload your own cover photo or choose from a few templates available. For guidance on cover photo sizes, check out this guide
- Add a start time and end time. You have the option to schedule multiple events
- Add a description and an Event Schedule, then click Next
- Choose whether you’d like to broadcast the event to Workplace, add an external link if you’re broadcasting to another platform, or add a physical location where your event will be hosted. When you’re done, click Next
- Choose who can see and join the event. You can select the whole organization, only people who are invited or members of a specific group you’re a member of
- Add your co-hosts if you have any
- Toggle on if you’d like to send invites to people’s calendars
- Check the box at the bottom to send out invitations, then click Create event
3. Set yourself up for success
- Facing a window will give you a beautiful source of natural light, and make you appear clear in your video frame.
- Sound is as important as lighting. Make sure you are wearing a microphone, either the headphones that came with your device or a wired microphone.
- Make sure your network connection is good. You don’t want to lose connection halfway through your broadcast.
- It’s a good idea to restart your device about 1 hour before you are due to go live to prevent your device from crashing or forcing an update during your broadcast.
- Disable all Workplace notifications and alerts on your device using Do Not Disturb so you’re not interrupted with calls, messages and notifications during the broadcast.
4. Go live
- Click on the Set up live video button
- Toggle on Include Q&A if you’d like to gather and respond to questions during your broadcast
- Choose the device you’ll be going live from
- If you will be going Live with others, toggle on Broadcast with other hosts. You will get an invite link that you can copy and share with your co-hosts on Workplace Chat
- Adjust your camera and microphone settings
- You have the option to give your Live video a title and description
- Click Go live now. If you’re going live with other hosts, this button will read Meet hosts. You will be taken to a room, where you can meet your co-hosts and, when you’re ready, go live using the button at the bottom of your screen. Note that only the Live video creator will be able to see and click the go live button.
You can also go live to a group by clicking on the post composer and selecting the Live video icon.
Managing a Live video with multiple participants
5. Engage your audience
6. Reduce common barriers to video consumption
Live captioning is turned on by default, but you can disable it when setting up your broadcast. Just go to Advanced settings > Viewer settings > toggle off auto-generated captions.
7. Track video performance and broadcast analytics
8. Analyze views and engagement
This feature is currently undergoing maintenance.